Saturday, November 15, 2008

Terence Newman back, Felix Jones ruled out

Felix Jones has been ruled out for tomorrow night's game in D.C. However, Terence Newman is back and ready to go.

Considering how the Cowboys have struggled in slowing down Santana Moss, who has 3 straight 100-yard receiving games against Dallas, it's important to have Newman back on the field. And Newman has a score to settle from their last encounter week 4.
"I’m coming out straight ballin’," Newman said. "As far as I know, this could be my last game. That’s how I’m coming out. I’m taking that mentality. I’ve got to lay everything out on this game."

"You want to have him healthy, because that’s the only chance you really have to defend against Santana Moss," linebacker Bradie James said of Newman. "He finds a way to get open. He makes big plays, and you want your best players out there trying to cover that guy."

"I think it will give us another opportunity to do some extra things we weren’t doing," Phillips said [on having Newman back].
The Cowboys should be able to get more pressure on Campbell with Newman back there. Hopefully, the 'Boys will use a lot of defensive sets with Ware, Ellis and Spencer all on the field at the same time.

No comments: