Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Martellus Bennett video - possible fine

Dallas Cowboys TE Martellus Bennett, the Cowboys 2nd-round draft pick in 2008, could be fined for producing a rap video on his Marty B TV channel where he uses profanity and mentions Jerry Jones, Jason Witten and Tony Romo.

Bennett has removed the video, but it can still be seen on You Tube (see below).
"He’s young. It’s pure and simple," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said during the season. "He’s just like my dad told me one time, ’If you’d quit trying to be so funny, you might get something done. Get serious with me, will ya?’ My dad told me that, because I needed to quit screwing around."
Bennett had a decent season (20 receptions and 283 yards) for a rookie.

But he has frustrated the Cowboys with his apparent lack of passion. So much so that Keith Davis, safety and special teams captain, challenged Bennett to a fight.

No comments: