Monday, June 15, 2009

Roy Williams is "coachable"

In case you were wondering, Cowboys receiver Roy Williams is "coachable."

"I feel like I can do it all," Williams said after this morning's practice. "If I'm coached to do it the right way, I can do it. Just tell me what to do and I can do it, coach. Because, once again, I am a coachable wide receiver who does what he's coached to do."

In addition to being "coachable," Williams is trying to butter up QB Tony Romo including complementing Romo's girlfriend, according to Tim McMahon of the Dallas Morning News.

"Just catch the ball when he throws it to me, any way I can," Williams said. "And buddy him up -- bring him some food, let him borrow some money if he needs some, just be his best friend.

"I've just got to continue to be his best friend. Put my arm around him and hug him, tell him that his girlfriend looks good, and we'll go from there."

Not sure Romo wants Williams to tell him his girlfriend looks good.

In addition, Williams says he's trying to keep communication open with Romo in the passing game.

"I was frustrated and I let him know," Williams said. "But that's what we're supposed to do. This is our job. His job is to deliver the ball. My job is to catch it and get open. That's how you win, and that's all I want to do."

Regardless of how ready Williams is (or isn't) to be the 'Boys No. 1 receiver, the key to the offense will be adopting a run-first offense with their three-headed rushing attack provided Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice can remain healthy. Now, that would be a "Romo-friendly" offense.

No comments: