Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ray Lewis says Cowboys need "one general"

Unless the Baltimore Ravens assign the franchise tag to LB Ray Lewis (or sign him before February 27th), Lewis will become an unrestricted free agent.

Teammate Terrell Suggs suggested that he, Lewis and Bart Scott (who are all scheduled to become free agents) give Baltimore a "hometown discount." And Ravens' owner Steve Bisciotti has said that he thought Lewis might take less.

However, the best person to speak for Ray Lewis is Ray Lewis.
"I don't play less," Lewis told the NFL Network in Hawaii, where he will play in the Pro Bowl. "If you don't play less, you don't take less. That's just life."
If Lewis doesn't stay in Baltimore, where has played for 13 seasons, he said he considers the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets as attractive places to play.

Lewis says the Cowboys need "one general" that should be a player not a coach. Ain't that the truth!
"I don't see all of that outside stuff that they're talking about what goes on in Dallas," Lewis said. "I see Dallas as a great opportunity. It's always been America's Team. It's just a great place to play football."

"I can definitely play with T.O," Lewis said. "I think T.O. is a great, great person. I just love him. I love his work ethic. I love everything about him. So, playing with T.O. is easy."
If there is one player that command the respect of the locker room, it is a fierce competitor like Ray Lewis. Despite his age (34), Lewis is worth the money it takes to get a real leader into a franchise that is completely devoid of leadership.

No comments: